Monday, June 30, 2014

DeYoung and the Restless

My new flight home from Paris was not cancelled and apparently there were no strikes happening in the city on that day!  Banner day for Paris!

It was a long day of travel, but I arrived in San Francisco to a couple of smiling faces and big hugs.  My mom and Christianne met me in the airport and I couldn't have been happier to see them.  We spent the night in the city and decided to go see the Modernism exhibit at the DeYoung Museum the next day before heading back to Chico.  It's not possible to go to too many museums you know.

We had a great time checking out some awesome artwork, including a Roy Lichtenstein of the Statue of Liberty!  I tell you, she is everywhere!  Of course, theme dressing for the national symbols unit in first grade came to mind when I saw the same painting on a t-shirt in the gift shop!  Somebody has a new addition to their teacher wardrobe!!  Woot!

Taking a selfie with three people is hard!  Ha!

Don't worry, I didn't forget about the Eccos!

Eccos at the DeYoung.

I was pretty anxious to get home to see the kids, so off we went to Chico.  I fell into bed as soon as we got home it seemed and got to see the littles first thing Friday morning.  Saturday I headed up to Greenville to pick the bigs up from camp!  It was fabulous to see everyone and now we are all getting on with the business of summer!  
Gus in his French brain swim cap! He loves it!

Finn, Jack and Abe in their French soccer jerseys. 

Next adventure for me and my Eccos...Vegas baby!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment