Saturday, June 28, 2014

Au Revoir Paris

All good things must come to an end, sadly.  I received an email last Sunday from the airlines that explained that due to a strike by the air traffic controllers, my flight home was cancelled.  Yes, they plan their strikes well in advance in Paris.  So I called the airlines to rebook my flight and my choices were to stay an extra week and miss my trip to Vegas for a conference, or come home a week early.  Well, the choice was obvious... I needed to come home early.  I wouldn't miss my trip to Vegas with Susan and Renee, and I could see the kids for awhile before Vegas!  I figured it was a win-win situation.  So.... I packed it up and headed home on June 25th.

My packed bag in the metro station for the last time.

On the metro for the last time. I'm on my way to the train that will take me to the airport.

I was actually pretty excited to ride the train.  It's not too terribly different than the metro, but I didn't take the train much on my trip.  It was another new experience!

The B train that would take me to the airport.


Eccos on the train.... wait, those aren't Eccos!  
Birks on the train.  
TSA was coming. I was prepared for easy on and off of the shoes!

Au revoir Paris!  It's been real!  


No comments:

Post a Comment